TOP OF THE ROCKIES
Welcome to the 2008 Top of the Rockies. Enclosed you will find all the information you will need to know about the premier tournament in the Rocky Mountain Region.
All teams are guaranteed four games using pool play format with single elimination tournaments.
All teams in Open Pools A and B advance to the Championship Bracket. First and second place teams from Pools C - H advance to the Championship Bracket. Third and fourth place teams from pools C - H advance to the Consolation Bracket.
All teams in Open Pool I advance to the Championship Bracket. First and second place teams from pools J - M advance to the Championship Bracket. Third and fourth place teams from pools J - M advance to the Consolation Bracket. Teams is pools L and M will play a cross pool game against each other that will count in the final pool standings.
All teams in Open Pool N advance to the Championship Bracket. First and second place teams from pools O and P advance to the Championship Bracket. Third place and fourth place teams from pools O and P advance to the Consolation Bracket.
All normal high school rules apply except for the following:
· Games will be played using 20 minute halves with a running clock. The clock will stop in the last 2 minutes of the second half unless one team is ahead by 15 or more points.
· Teams will receive three full time-outs per game. Time outs will not carry over into overtime.
· Overtimes will be 2 minutes and teams will not receive any additional time outs.
· Each team MUST provide a volunteer to run either the clock or keep the book for every game. If a scorekeeper is not provided, the team will forfeit the game.
· Warm up time will vary based on how much time is left until the top of the hour. All games will start on time.
· In case of ties in pool play, seeding will be determined by; A) Head to head competition, B) Point differential with a maximum of 15 points for an win or loss, C) Total points allowed, D) Coin flip.
· The Tournament Headquarters will be located at Chatfield High School. Detailed results, pool standings and playoff brackets will be kept here. Please check in at Chatfield High School after you last pool game to make sure you know when and where your first playoff game will be. All Championship games will be played at Chatfield High School.
· All teams must check in prior to your first game. You will be able to check in at your game site. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting any and all wins.
· An All Tournament Team for each division will be chosen at the end of the tournament. Each team will get to nominate three players from your own team. Teams playing in the Championship Game may nominate four players. Not all players nominated will make the team. The nomination form is enclosed and MUST be turned in to a member of the tournament staff after your last game. Very Important: If you fail to turn in your nomination form, your players will not make the All Tournament Team.
· A player may not play for two teams in the same division. A player may only play for two different teams if they are in separate divisions.
· If needed, proof of age must be provided for all players. If proof of age cannot be provided, the entire team will forfeit any and all wins.
· If a coach, player or parent is ejected from a game, they will not be allowed to participate in the remainder of the tournament, no questions asked. Poor sportsmanship from anyone will absolutely not be tolerated.
· All decisions of the Tournament Director and tournament staff are final and cannot be appealed in any way.
· An entry fee of $5 for adults and $3 for children (age 12 and under) will be charged daily. This fee will get you into the games all day. Tournament passes will not be sold. There will be no entry fee charged at the Gold Crown Field House on Friday night.
DIRECTIONS (FROM I-25 AND I-70)
Chatfield High School (Tournament Headquarters)
Take I-70 west to C-470. Take C-470 south to Ken Caryl. Take Ken Caryl east to Simms. Take Simms north. School will be on the left. Address: 7227 S. Simms Street, Littleton, CO 80127. Google Maps Link: Chatfield High School.
Green Mountain High School
Take I-25 south to 6th Avenue. Take 6th Avenue west to the Union/Simms exit. Go south on Union to Alameda. Make a right on Alameda. Make a left on Green Mountain Drive. Address: 13175 W. Green Mountain Drive, Lakewood, CO 80228. Google Maps Link: Green Mountain High School.
Gold Crown Field House
Take I-25 south to 6th Avenue. Take 6th Avenue west to Sheridan. Take Sheridan south to Alameda. Take Alameda west to Harlan. Take a right on Harlan. Field House will be on the right. Address: 150 S. Harlan Street, Lakewood, CO 80226. Google Maps Link: Gold Crown Field House.
Chatfield High School to Green Mountain High School
Take Simms south to Ken Caryl. Take Ken Caryl west to C-470. Take C-470 north to Morrison Road. Take Morrison Road east to Bear Creek Boulevard. Bear Creek Boulevard will turn into Alameda. Continue on Alameda to Green Mountain Drive. Take a right on Green Mountain Drive. School will be on the left. Google Maps Link: Chatfield High School to Green Mountain High School.
Green Mountain High School to Chatfield High School
Take Alameda south. Alameda will turn into Bear Creek Boulevard. Continue on Bear Creek Boulevard. Take a right on Morrison Road. Take C-470 south to Ken Caryl. Take Ken Caryl east to Simms. Take Simms north. School will be on the left. Google Maps Link: Green Mountain High School to Chatfield High School.